Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Words made comically graphic: Part Three

Here is the third set of panels from my recently completed, self-illustrated book of poems. The verse in question this time is Water Drops, and the rollicking dream scape below may only give that away in its final image of a teardrop falling from a pregnant cloud of pollution.

As you can see, I've abandoned the previous more direct approaches to dressing up my words and ventured more into surrealism. The middle character emerged from some random doodling. I'm not sure what you see, but it strikes me as a bolt-tailed cat blowing through a bullhorn. As always, click it to enlarge the image.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now these I like Francis. They are unique, original and imaginative. You can go far with these. Well done.

fihanna said...

FRANCIS!!
AWESOME!
YOU ARE a great artist!
mammamia!
passerai alla storia!
Francesco, sai scrivere le poesie d'amore???
Ti auguro un Felice Anno Nuovo!

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks as always JD. These drawings are my gift to my friend George, but I think I'll keep fooling around with my visual side and see what I can develop.

Francis Scudellari said...

Mille grazie Hanna. La storia? Spero di sopravvivere il presente ;). Una volta scrivevo delle poesie d'amore, ma ho bisogno d'una musa propria e adesso non c'e. Tanti auguri anche a te Hanna!