Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Words made comically graphic: Part Four

This is the last in my current series of verse-inspired drawings. The poem behind this particular visual madness is Casting These. As you can see, the graphic image is very loosely connected to the words at its core.

The drawing started with the octopus, which in my mind formed an apt symbol for the many tentacled creature that is the Internet. It's also a sea-based notion in keeping with the nautical metaphor of the poem's title. I'm unabashedly quite fond of the little beasties heading the eight legs. Click the image to examine their odd-ball features in more detail.

9 comments:

fihanna said...

Eccezionale!
Tu Francis, usi la forme rotonde e colori molto sereni!
bene,
Mi piace da morire sto octopus-web!
simbolismo azzaccato!
congratulazioni!
si può esporre il tuo charactere dalle cose che dipingi e scrivi...
tipo tosto!
ciao!

Anonymous said...

I think that's great!

Francis Scudellari said...

Mille grazie Hanna. I'm glad you like my octopus so much ... it appealed to me very much also.

I need to look into doing the drawings in an electronic format. I think that would be more fitting.

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks entrepreneur!

Struggling Parents said...

Pretty great...;)

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Mee Moe,
Thanks for the comment ... I appreciate the input.

Anonymous said...

Francis
Great stuff. You try going into acrylics...expand the medium. It would work very well for that style of art I would think. Never say never. :-)
~JD
We have a big snowstorm hitting tomorrow so I'll say it now in case.... Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

*insert "should" between You and try.
Brain's getting tired :-)
~JD

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi JD,

My knowledge of artistic mediums is limited, but I'm sure a couple of my painter friends can set me straight on acrylics. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely look into it.

No worries about the typing ... I have similar problems. Have a great New Year too! I hope the snow isn't too bad.