Pages

Monday, May 03, 2010

What love becomes, when you think too much

To concretize my theorized love,
I could play the accidental odds and strew
slippery tongues of spotted petals
onto thickly trafficked highways,
or use the best predictive modelling
to deduce when and where I can poke out
a well-heeled boot to trick unwary spills
and snatch a kiss from the unsuspecting
lips of any suitably compatible
passerby oft times inconvenienced and passed
on by.

These well-oiled and crudely experimental
methods do produce expected results,
but not the breakthrough nor the looked-for
satisfaction of appropriate reactions,
so I'll keep my dotted eyes tucked in
their pulpy stems and my shoddy toes curled back
while I beam my bits of invitation through
circuitous routes spatially arrayed along
parallel paths where one might search
with an extra-terrestrial inventiveness,
and wait.

I know the trials of these errant waves
won't add up to a guarantee
my burpy blips of a pulse can reach
the receptively comprehending and responsive
soils I seek, but it's the remoteness of a stead
to come stalking that appeals, and despite
the Hawking drone of unveiled warnings
I might regret such contact, I'll risk it all
on vaguely washed wishes this astronomical
anomaly with an alien sensibility has
one match.



My mind processes information in strange ways, a fact you've probably noticed if you've visited this site before. I often have lines come to me in my sleep and "slippery-tongued petals" was one of these, though don't ask me why. The oil spill in the Gulf has been weighing heavily on my thoughts, and that crept into my language here. Plus there's a reference to Stephen Hawking's strange caution against alien contact thrown into the mix to add a little flavor.

3 comments:

human being said...

the way your mind processes information is not strange to me... quite familiar! especially the the way a work begins in the sleep...
:)

your reaction to these two pieces of information was so resonating... i had them on my mind too...

Francis Scudellari said...

My way of thinking may be infectious :).

human being said...

i've been dis-eased long before i know you...
:D