Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Knitting wheel: an unfocused mind

Slightly late, here's this week's poem. I'd normally explain the particulars of the inspiration, but I think that might skew the reading of it. Let's just say that too much time spent alone in an apartment can affect the mind in strange ways.

Knitting Wheel
by Francis Scudellari

My minded eyes
reluctant too
slip
out of focus
into slumbers
rise
with their numbing
blue, inward rush
hang
on half-hearted
dusty, dull blades
pull
me up, against
a ceiling's cut
light
knitting wheel rays
spinning golden
thread
to make, a sleeve
to warm, a chilled
hand
white fingers, that
beckon, icy
crawl
my spine, trip on
my dreaming, a-
spark
these mindful eyes
reluctant a-
gain
let go, focus
sharpen, thought a-
wake
blurry thresholds
slow-fading, a-
way
Post a Comment