Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Buon compleanno a me: another year in the books

Tomorrow marks the completion of my 45th year breathing this atmosphere. I have every expectation that my 46th ride along the earth's regular solar revolution won't be dull, and if the universe decides to smile (or frown), it may even be fate-full. 

I have a strong hope that circumstances — personal and global — are flowing together in such a way to propel me in a new direction (physically, mentally and spiritually), but then again, I thought the lottery was a sure thing the other day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Francis and may number 46 be a bench mark year..:)

j said...

Happy (early) birthday!

I know a lot of December babies (including one of my closest friends, who is exactly a year younger than you) and I wish you all a fortuitous year!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

The lottery's never a sure thing. Don't let THAT be a marker of anything.

Happy birthday, a few hours early.

Jena Isle said...

Happy happy birthday, I am sure more successes will come your way this coming year and soon you'll start selling your books of poems, art and stories. (I'll be the first to buy).Happy holidays.

Bobby Revell said...

It's official now: happy birthday! I am also a December baby--barely though, almost born in January. Have a great new year:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish you all the best; my birthday was just a couple days ago.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Francis,

I wish you Yuletide Joy and A Blessed New Year together with your family.

Happy Holidays!

Ms. O. D. said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope 2009 will be a great one! :)

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks all ... I really appreciate you taking the time to wish me a happy birthday. I hope you all have a great 2009 also!

Fiendish said...

Lá breithe shona dhuit.

Thought I'd do it in Irish just to be different, but that's happy birthday too ;)

SUSAN SONNEN said...

keep believing~

Francis Scudellari said...

@Fiendish Thanks! Now you'll have to show me how to pronounce that :).

@Susan I'll do my best :).