Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Creative limbo, an update

I've got ideas for four different poems jostling for primacy within my head. One, Turn-tables, which I mentioned a couple weeks ago, hasn't developed much further since its initial growth spurt. Part of that is the unfortunate result of holiday and other life distractions.

Two others are still just twinkles in my mind's eye, with no real sense of identity beyond their draft titles. I'm not sure that they'll even make it out alive, but they're trying very hard to push their way through.

And then there's this last one, Purgatory, the idea of which came to me very suddenly this evening. It will probably outpace the others to make it to the light of day first, but I want to let it percolate a little longer. I will leave you with this tease of a first stanza though ...

"I am" wedged, ever so
un-
comfortably between
too
pliable becoming
and
a very hardened was

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait.

Happy New Year.

Dave King said...

Just leave it to them to sort it out. They will.

SUSAN SONNEN said...

I've never been any good at waiting...HURRY UP! :) I mean, only if you want to, of course.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jakill I should have something in the next day or two ... in time for New Year's. Happy 2009!

@Dave They always do, don't they? :)

@Susan I do want to, but sometimes the ideas don't cooperate :).