Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Vanishing, LIght

Sometimes I struggle with my writing, and other times the words come together very quickly. This poem came in a quite literal flash of inspiration one morning.

Vanishing, light
By Francis Scudellari

Her face, remembered but,
For this moment, not-named
Features searched, caressed by
My gentle-touched recall

Her smile that beams, knowing
Stares, meant for these eyes,
Where wait, in-part secrets
Of loved not, to explore

Then-with blinking open
Of my dreaming mind
She, so quick, vanishes
Silent to early morn

This feeling, its darkness
Ever dissipating

4 comments:

Jena Isle said...

It's a heart-tugging poem Francis, I can almost feel the emotion of the poet; like a wishful poem, or is it wistful? Now I'm at a loss for words.

Bravo!

Anonymous said...

it was very emotional and wishful as jena said..I read it first on MW..

Anonymous said...

i can feel the emotion....

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena Wishful and wistful are probably both appropriate. Thanks for reading and commenting, as always :).

@Confused Thanks Robert. I tend to cross post things, as I'm sure some folks don't check the several sites I put my poetry on.

@Kebelle I guess all those pent up emotions get their expression in the words :).