Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Words made comically graphic: Part One

I've been sparing in my words the past week because I started working on a graphic rendering of a few of my favorite poems. My good friend George Kokines gave me a small accordion-style book a few months back with the ambiguous charge to fill it with something personal.

I hemmed and hawed out of perceived inadequacy before embarking on a series of comic book inspired illustrations. As you'll see, the drawings got progressively less literal and increasingly psychedelic as I had flashbacks to my cartoon doodling youth.

Here's the first set of panels, with words from my poem Hail Mary arranged irregularly in the margins. Click on the image to see it enlarged. I'll be posting the other pages over the next few days.

Post a Comment