Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Turning back to unadorned verse


I found this fragment of an idea laying in my virtual pile of half-written poems. I'm not sure what inspired it or when, but I decided to flesh it out a little and see where it took me.

This morning I
By Francis Scudellari

This morning I woke to a dream;
Red-topped vision in black slipped by;
Eyes corner-caught for a second;
Blurred, moving fast, in vain I tried
To hold it stop-motioned, moment
Freeze forever; Instead, she grabbed
Me, my heart, and close kept it locked
As she vanished out the door

4 comments:

Dave J. said...

Fran, you are such an inspiration. If I were to count the number of people that I have known throughout my life that have embraced their artistic side as comprehensively as you, well, I would need less than five fingers!

Be safe tonight brother. Happy calendrical new year! ><

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Dave ... I really appreciate that. I won't lie: it's been a struggle, and we'll see how long I can embrace it so entirely.

I'll be very safe ... I just have to make sure those around me have the same idea :). Happy '08!

fihanna said...

Buon Anno!

Francis Scudellari said...

Happy New Year Hanna!