Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

Ancora una volta, in Italiano

My friend Hanna has done me the honor of translating my recent poem Happy, Happy into Italian, the tongue of my ancestors. She did a wonderful job capturing the spirit of the verse yet giving it a new more musical voice.

It's good to know that the emotion is just as evocative in another language. If you'd like to check it out, the translation with Hanna's eloquent introduction is available on her site:

Amori, poesie, arte, chat virtuali by Hanna

4 comments:

fihanna said...

Hello Francis!
Grazie mille!
you have read my review it?
avesome!
baci!

Francis Scudellari said...

The thanks belong to you Hanna. I'm just happy you found the poem interesting and worth the effort to translate.

fihanna said...

Daiiiiiiii!
night dream this poema,
why after the joy the darknes?
law of life and dead?
not the contrary?
.....

Francis Scudellari said...

It's definitely open to interpretation. Night follows day, but day also follows night. Death follows life, and maybe life after death? Joy, suffering, suffering, joy. These pairs are always linked and intertwined. I can't think of one without being reminded of the opposite other. Best to savor the light while we have it, but never forget the darkness that always comes.