Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

White Lies

Ill my white lies lay
along black-truth's way,
attracting the stranded
eyes of idle watchers.

Dropped so indifferent
in hands that lead up
to one man's simp'ring god,
our antique worlds meet

and shake. His wired head
sits uncomfortably
near us, and spits words
by life left unspoken.

They feed the moon full
with dwindling day, to flesh
out love and make our steps
half-brothers, again.



It's Day 15 of NaPoWriMo, and the challenge is halfway to completion. Today's prompt from ReadWritePoem is called carrying a tune, that is to write a poem that's musical. I tried to give a sing-song feel to this piece. It's a type of "found poem" as I created it from a list of the most frequent words used in my poetry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Francis,

This has a beautiful sound. Clever process.

Wayne Pitchko said...

nicely done Francis....thanks again for your words

flaubert said...

Francis,
Cleverly done with this prompt!
Pamela

Francis Scudellari said...

@Derrick After two weeks of a poem-a-day, I'm digging deep into my bag of tricks.

@Wayne Always glad to share them with you.

@Pamela I'm just glad I don't have to actually sing it ;).