Pages

Monday, April 05, 2010

Filbert T. Gibbet

Your name is Filbert.
I'd rather use you as Fill.
Fill, gods may have put you here
for a victimless chatter,
but I'll bring you up
with the nonsense charge to meet
false expectations. I know
we don't see heart-to-heart, that
parting shouldn't stop us
from connecting the pesky
dots of our pupils. Let's learn
to be adult about this
uncontrolled glowing.
Your flighted fancies
can't leave the tarmac
without making one feel bold,
another frightened,
and everyone is a skosh
confused in the end.
I hope it doesn't bound
too negative. I meant well.



Day 5 of NaPoWriMo dawns, and I'm still up to the challenge. The ReadWritePoem.org prompt for today is to make your poetry personal. If I understood it correctly, that meant personifying my poetry.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Aha, "Filbert T. Gibbet", same as your coming-soon-blog. Nice to be introduced to this special character. Great humor and image/sound pungency, as always.

"Let's learn
to be adult about this
uncontrolled glowing"

A difficult task, many times.

WV: choomab

Unknown said...

Hi Francis,

I learned a new word, "skosh", so now I don't have to end up confused!

flaubert said...

Francis,
Filbert is quite the special character indeed.
Pamela

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jenny I'm still not sure what to do with that other blog yet, but I wanted to reserve the name for when I was. This one helps a bit in defining the character. Mab is the queen of fairies, so that wv may have some relevance :).

@Derrick I haven't yet made the leap from knowledge to lack of confusion ;).

@Pamela Thanks. I hope he can develop a little and show himself more.

Marisa said...

I feel obliged to learn more about this character. Following with interest.

Jon said...

I take nonsense quite seriously... so I don't know where that leaves me on the tarmac...

:D

Francis Scudellari said...

@Marisa I'm very glad you're following and I hope I can give him a bit more fleshing out soon.

@Jon I think it leaves you in a very safe and sane place :).