Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Terra-motives

Scaly breasts shudder with a gutter-gray cleaving.

She misses her breezy paramour's calming touch,
and their nostalgic days vent in pitched-white whispers.

If I could breathe back those mists, I might lessen her sorrow ...

Too-rigid muscles slide into aqua spasms.

She fidgets at the lack of fuss her fragments show,
and the brittle hours snap with metallic-blue cracks.

If I could massage those bursts, I might slacken her worry ...

A caustic blood simmers in vermilion bubbles.

She's whiling ways for the weak-spotted to crumble,
and languished minutes dissolve with yolk-yellow pops.

If I could stomach those boils, I might keep her from breaking.



The Day 17 NaPoWriMo prompt from ReadWritePoem is called something elemental. I chose to write about earth, but I included some aspects of water, wind and fire as well.

4 comments:

Rallentanda said...

I am glad it was earth you were writing about. My imagination was running riot until I got to that bit.

Wayne Pitchko said...

nicely done again...thanks again for sharing your words...as I peer out at our creek

flaubert said...

Francis,
Perfect use of words. Loved it!
Pamela

Francis Scudellari said...

@Rall Funny, re-reading it I can imagine some pretty unearthly contexts too.

@Wayne I need to find me one of those creeks. My view is of an alley :(.

@Pamela Thanks!