Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pass on, my imperfect

My meaning's gotten
garbled in a simulacrum of language
where d1g1t5 act
as harsh and angular interlopers,
bringing coined conversations
to a clanking halt.

Add to this the strange
ch@r@cter$, who've been irregular-
invited by secret-keepers
to play at masquerade
and waltz through endlessly
interchangeable interludes.

I pass on these words all-the-less
and expect they'll meet
equally imperfect listeners.



The Day 21 NaPoWriMo prompt from ReadWritePoem is perfectly flawed, and my poem is about those pesky Internet passwords I'm constantly inventing with numbers and odd characters acting as my inadequate placeholders.

7 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Your words here delight me, as they so often do...

THANK YOU!

Read my take on FLAWS here!

The Scrybe said...

:D love it!

Dan said...

Consider your words met.

Unknown said...

The permutations are endless but my brainpower isn't!

flaubert said...

Francis,
Reminds me of my typing skills. Great post.
Pamela

Unknown said...

wow! what powerful words & imagery!
really great!
have to use my brains to fathom the deeper levels...

Francis Scudellari said...

@Julie I'm delighted to delight :).

@Scrybe I aim to please ;).

@Dan Not that I was calling you imperfect...

@Derrick In a few years they might come up with something to fix that.

@Pamela My faults are all intentional :).

@Smita No great depth to this one, just me having some fun with the language.