Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I blog therefore I am?

What is at the heart of this little social experiment we call blogging? Why do we throw ourselves out into the blogosphere for the whole world to see? Is it mere vanity, or the hope for something much deeper? To blog, perchance to dream?

I wrote this poem based on my personal understanding of the phenomenon. It's a wee bit abstract, which fits my purpose well, as it'll leave the answer open to your interpretation.

Hoping to connect, I
by Francis Scudellari

Hoping to connect, I
reach out

Out-words, of nothing, I
spread o'er

O'er-coming space, time, I
give in

Inside my trembling I
lift up

Up-sighed, down, detached, ex-
posed I

Losing all shame
Losing all fear
Loosing all

Losing ...
Each drop of blood
thinning

Losing ...
Each cell, stretched, pulled
wid'ning

Losing ...
My pounded pulse
muting

Losing ...
My soul-led flesh
melting

A-way, A world
gaining, A cause
gaining, All

4 comments:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Captivating, Francis! I can most relate to “My soul-led flesh Melting”, for without seldom and perhaps never to be seen are the many faces behind exchanged and read words; where there is layered a deeper connection that need no flesh to sense the true embodiment of each individual. And I think it is with “Each drop of blood thinning”, that one day with “A world gaining, A cause gaining”, I will be utmost grateful for every connection on this journey of mine, in the blogosphere.

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Jeane! Yes, I'm sure you can relate as you are the quintessential blogger-poetress, in my mind. You have beautifully connected to my thoughts, and I'm glad to be a small part of your journey.

ThatGirl said...

Yes Francis, Captivating.

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

blush, blush - Thank you Francis! You are Spirit for a persons’ ego and your poetry is Soul food for all to read and nurture from. The blogosphere is truly enriched because there are People like yourself among the bits and bytes!