Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

From blah day to "Blog of the Day"

Occasionally the universe conspires with others to deliver the unexpected.

Just yesterday, I lamented the fact that I lacked inspiration and direction. In my post, I wrote about a metaphorically muddy feeling, as if my muse had receded underwater to grab a hold of my ankles and keep me stuck in the muck. Thankfully, I had the White Stripes to lend their lyrics and pull me up out of my black cloud mood.

Today, the foggy mood had started to lift, when as if on cue, lo and behold, there was a lovely surprise waiting for me in my mail box. Sylvie from FuelMyBlog informed me that Caught in the Stream had been awarded their "Blog of the Day" honor.

Not wanting to annoy the academy, I'll graciously accept the trophy with a simple "thank you" and keep it on my blog shelf as a personal reminder that sometimes we're our own harshest critics.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Amazing how the world works sometimes...
You deserve it.
Catherine, the redhead

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks so much Catherine. I feel the added responsibility of justifying the praise now :).

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Congrats Francis! Yes, "Occasionally the Universe does conspire", isn't it wonderful! Glad you got your 24-hour well-deserving Fame! May FuelMyBlog be further proof for you to never mock your talents again!

Jackie said...

Congratulations....I was blog of the day once for Monndanzerdelivers and I remember how it did so very much re-ignite an inspiration. I was very pleased when I stop by there this morning to see your blog be holding the position...:)~Jackie

Jennifer Jones said...

Very well deserved honor!

Congratulations Francis!

Jennifer

Francis Scudellari said...

Jeane: Yes, I'll leave the mocking to others :). You're always there to keep me honest, and I appreciate that.

Jackie: It does lift the spirits, and I will try to take advantage. I'm glad to hear you won previously ... now you'll need to get one for Painted Veil :).

Jennifer: Thanks! I've really enjoyed your recent posts.

sylvie d said...

There are so many blogs out there that deserves to get noticed...Fuelmyblog still has a long way to go! it is always with great pleasure that we give our awards!
Congratulations!

Sylvie

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Sylvie. FuelMyBlog is doing a great job, but I'm now a little biased.

Anonymous said...

It's the best feeling in the world when someone else recognizes something in us especially when we are being hard on ourselves. Such moments are what happiness truly means

Francis Scudellari said...

I have a lot of good and supportive friends that have done just that ... thanks!

Mimi Lenox said...

Congratulations! I have just discovered your blog but it surely looks like a winner. Will be back to read more.

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Mimi,

I recently discovered your site too, and am a big fan. Thanks!