Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Turntable: Love Is

This is the first piece of what I plan to be a four-part poem. Unfortunately the next three are still just vaguely shaped at this point. I'll post the remaining pieces here as I finish them, and then the fully assembled work at my main site (FrancisScudellar.Com).

Turntable
By Francis Scudellari

I. Love is

a two-headed hook, that bobs as she toes
this cunning line. It cuts through the muddy

reverb of a wax-spun groove, swirling round
tar-black to reach the Day-Glo hypnosis

at its center. A trembling voice tucks in
among the hiss and crackling pops. Echoes

found as her left arm floats, extending
a turntable's journey to spiral back

on that jumble of a first rainy day
they met, dripping in the coffee shop's queue.

2 comments:

poefusion said...

love can certainly be a turntable of emotions. this is really good writing. look forward to seeing the other parts. have a great night.

Francis Scudellari said...

I'm hoping to capture that turntable of emotion in the next three parts... and I enjoy a challenge :).