Pages

Monday, January 05, 2009

Focused on structure

Continuing the "new year, new optimism" theme of my last post, I'm feeling the need for a few blog-related resolutions (prodded by similar efforts I've seen on some friends' sites).

It will start with a commitment to much more focus and structure in my daily routine. I've learned over the life of this blog that the more consistently I write, the better the output.

With that in mind, I'm committing myself to at least one new poem a week. I'd also like to finish two new drawings in the same span. In addition, I'm going to resuscitate the short story Belly that I abandoned in its crib last year.

Not a very exciting post, I know, but it helps to "go on record" with the details. I do have a new drawing in the wings, which I'll decorate with a much brighter color-scheme to reflect the new attitude.

8 comments:

Jena Isle said...

That's something I look forward to Francis, yes pls. And the continuation of "Belly" is something I'm excited to read; I have been waiting for it...

Thanks for deciding to post more regularly.

God bless.

Unknown said...

You are brave to post that up for all to see. While I might write down my resolutions for myself, I really hesitate to make them public as |I'd be humiliated if I fail. What a coward I am.

Anyway good luck with all that.

Anonymous said...

Hey Francis. One thing I have learned after two years in the blogging world is not to commit myself to my blog. It becomes to much like a chore and puts unneeded pressure on myself. At this point I wonder why I even bother to continue ... but I do so, out of some sick sense of perverted loyalty to an imaginary multitude. Why?
Francis, good luck with your goals. You are more tenacious than I am. :-)

Fiendish said...

Very much looking forward to the resuscitation of "Belly".

And you know we're going to hold you to that one ;)

Anonymous said...

This is all awesome. It is nice to see the "plan" behind the posts. Also...I just wanted you to know you are very inspiring...click here.

Anonymous said...

pretty blog.. hope it's ok with you to exchange links with me.. have a great day!

Catherine @ Sharp Words said...

Good luck with these - like you, I've made some rather public resolutions and hope to stick to as many of them as possible.
Although I did the same last year, completely forgot about them, and was delighted at the end of the year to find I'd actually managed most!

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena Sorry to keep you waiting so long. I figure public accountability is one way to shame myself into a more disciplined approach :).

@Jakill I'm good at using the prospect of public humiliation as a motivator, although I have a feeling most folks will cut me a lot of slack if I don't deliver ... so make sure you hold me to it :).

@JD I feel the need to be tenacious these days, maybe out of a misguided sense of needing purpose in life :).

@Fiendish Please do, the more folks clamor, the more I'll stay on task :).

@Ellie I'm flattered to be thought of as inspiring, and I take much inspiration from the sites like yours where I make my daily visits.

@Schizoshrink Thanks, and I'm always happy to exchange links.

@Catherine Truth be told, you were one of the sites I borrowed the idea from. It really helps me to have measurable goals, and these are easily within my reach. I should have added goals regarding reading as well, that was an oversight.