Pages

Monday, September 08, 2008

Smoothing things over ...

I'm sorry for the prolonged silence, but I was quite busy this weekend playing mason. I was part of a project to restore a sculpture that resides in one of the local parks. The piece, Windform, celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.

Lynn Takata, the artist, flew in from Portland to direct a few dozen neighborhood park and public-art lovers in the difficult but fun task of resurfacing the 100-foot long cement sculpture.

As you can see from the photo below (snapped by my friend Tom), I was assigned to the cement mixer to prepare the mortar. I'll post a drawing soon to commemorate Windform, and I still am working on posts about my NYC trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, an artist, a poet, a writer AND a cement mixer..lol...How can one be so talented..Yes you must have the know how to mix cement, Francis..don't laugh.
Not everyone can do it.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your NYC post.

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Jena,
I knew nothing about mixing cement until this weekend, but I follow directions well :).