Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Over-reaching

This is the last of my Doodle Week inspired, and Seven Deadly Sin themed, drawings. It's probably even less obvious than the others, but it's meant to represent Pride. How, you may ask ...

I tried to hint at a bust of Frankenstein's monster. It's patchwork pieces of a face stitched together by a modern Prometheus who is trying to steal God's thunder (or fire) for creation. Sometimes art can be an act of pride (in both the positive and negative senses of that word). Allowing one's ego to fall away and one's muse to take over, is one of its biggest challenges.

Now back to poetic illustrations, and some poetry, in the posts to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is similar to the previous drawing. You;re good with shades of blue.

Blog of Innocence said...

Your work reminds me of some outsider art. I have a site dedicated to outsider art called "Escape into Life". You might find some of the pictures by an artist last name Wolfi interesting . . .

http://www.escapeintolife.com

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena I sometimes tend to repeat myself :).

@Lethe I'm definitely an outsider in many ways. Thanks for sharing the link!