Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Souls, Fleshy Promises

This is the third installment of my latest poem, which I think may grow past my initial imaginings. The developing story is gaining complexity in my mind.

Two Souls, Twin Lives
By Francis Scudellari

III.

Then removed, with miles lapsed,
separate sames
each stubby-leg crawl up
on greening clumps
of floated rock and root
that warm harbor
creatures also exiled,
bumping along
blindly to seek their like,
prodded past sleep
by hints of shapeless eterns
traded for fleets
of fleshy promises

4 comments:

Fiendish said...

It's all perfectly eerie: the shapelessness, the "rock and root," the naggingly disconcerting syntax that seems to lead in one direction and then doesn't. I await more.

Jena Isle said...

Intriguing, titillating. Way to go Francis.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Fiendish I don't know that I intended it to be eerie per se, but I think it's a good characterization. I can also understand the frustration the syntax causes :)

@Jena Hang in there, more to come...

gerry boyd said...

"traded for fleets
of fleshy promises"

Bravo!