Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Two souls, at first birthing

This is the first part of a poem that I'm currently working on. I'm not yet sure how large it will become, but I'm expecting at least three more parts. 

Two souls, twin lives
By Francis Scudellari

I.

Two souls, twin lives conceived
and long dwelling
within the mingling storm
of light and dust
that delicate danced 'round
goddess sisters'
gaseous split-crown heads
until cast out,
paired molten tears spit-shed
in the blinking
of ageless eyes, not angry
but grown weary
with the weight of shared lids

6 comments:

Brillie said...

great poem...

Jena Isle said...

That's an intriguing title and the reader is left to interpret it. Way to go Francis!

Jena Isle said...

My comment appeared twice. Feel free to delete the other one, thanks.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Brillie Thanks

@Jena I hope they interpret it positively :). I deleted the duplicate comment.

Anders Enochsson said...

This is really great. I especially like this line: "gaseous split-crown heads". The mythology is working here!

Francis Scudellari said...

@Ande I'm very glad to hear that. The myth is still very much in progress.