Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Weightless, I walked

I'm in a bit of a dark mood. Maybe it's the weather, but more likely the pressing on of days too much alike with no clear change in sight. I have a drawing whose title inspired this, and I'll likely post it tomorrow.

Weightless, I walked
By Francis Scudellari
Weightless, I walked
Impatient through
This darkly steep,
Thorn-rapt thicket
With each step, passed
Over careless
A world of wrongs
Un-lived, never
Committed, just
Imagined but
Razor-sharp when
Limned, they bled me
Till ghostly, grey
Leaving, no mark,
Only a faint
Memory of
Pale words spoken
To, for no-one

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you be "weightless", you write such beautiful poetry. It would be wonderful to have them all together in a book. Wouldn't you agree?

Anonymous said...

jenaisle madea good point I think a book with all your poetry and art would be outstanding..:)

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena The weightlessness has to do with a lack of attachments. At other times I feel too weighty. But there's also a pun on the second line's "impatience". A book is a good idea. I'm waiting until I hit 100 poems, which should be soon.

@Confused Thanks. I'm happier with the poetry than the art right now. I think I need to get a little more training, and possibly try some different mediums.

Maithri said...

Hauntingly beautiful,

Peace to you friend, M