Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Straight to Jasmin's Heart: A guest post

Jasmin Causevic very graciously invited me to write a guest post for his site Jasmin's Heart. I took the opportunity to review the few lessons I've learned about the creative process over the past two years of blogging. The piece is entitled Lost in a Dream Logic.

Here's an excerpt:
I saw more power and beauty in ambiguity than clarity. Rather than trying to control the impulse to create, I had to give in to it. The unconscious mind did a much better job of directing my hand, and my eyes.
Read the full article here

6 comments:

Lynda Lehmann said...

Francis, I left you a comment on Jasmin's blog. I love your post!embeati

Lynda Lehmann said...

PS - I don't know know it happened, but the word verification sneaked into that last comment. Sorrrrrry!

Bobby Revell said...

As I've always believed, one doesn't write, it writes all by itself. That is a great post Francis!

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Lynda, Thanks for the comments on both sites. I'm always worried when I try to write about myself, so it's good to hear it came out well.

Hi Bobby, Thanks! That's the main lesson I think I've taken away from all of this.

Anonymous said...

that was a wonderful post Francis. That is why I read your blog. I have given you an award in my blog. Do pick it up...thanks.

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks for the award Jena ... you spoil me with them and the glowing comments :).