Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wintry landscape

By Francis Scudellari

Time-tripped, my eyes stumble
In too wintry landscape,
Layers of sooty black
Piled on off-white leavings,
Mixed up-down icy grays:
Coal-slate sheeting skyward,
Once-salted tongues grounded
Become perilous slicks,
Pooled gobs of molten lead
Flash-frozen at mid creep

Fleeing, sore-sighted I
Prism-focus turn inward,
Conjure shocking new hues,
Mold robust, garish shapes
Minded primary paint
Blank-canvassed, pressed-tight flaps,
Dreamscaped memory pick
Out-of-season, myself
Swaddle in sculpted glow
Till spring blooms bright again

4 comments:

fihanna said...

Ciao Francis!
"time tripped" - mi ricorda qualcosa...
Hi Fran, ho un meme meraviglioso per Te!
see You ;0

Francis Scudellari said...

Ciao Hanna,
Yes, I like that word combination very much :). Thanks for the meme tag ... it looks like an interesting one.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to enjoy your poetry.

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Cooper! It makes me very happy to know that someone I admire enjoys what I do :).