Pages

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Two Souls, Hunched Up

This is part eight of my mythic poem-cycle Two Souls, Twin Lives. You can check out the other seven parts by clicking here (note that they're listed in reverse order, most recent first).

VIII. Hunched
By Francis Scudellari

Willful drawn, down to clay
ruts choked with grass,
edged by berried brambles
whose thorny twists
bend to a lowering sky
as its grumble
stabs open wounds, gushing
muddy instants
to puddle, pool, swell, swallow
the black-humped plains,
and force he-she up, hunched
to scour trappings
of craggy, gouged rock skins

4 comments:

Campbell Jane said...

This is so awesome. I read them all. Vivid imagery!

Unknown said...

I particularly enjoyed the thorny twisted, brambled berries..edged quite nicely. A neverending journey lies on your path.

Francis Scudellari said...

@CampbellJane I'm really glad you liked them :)

@Lynette "berried brambles" was among my favorite phrases too. I've still got a half-dozen more parts before this journey ends... at least I think so.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.