Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tweetku, Twaiku, Tweeku... how about Tweetanka?

The Twitterverse hasn't yet settled on a name for Tweeted Haiku, but that won't stop me from posting the 17 syllable mini-poems. Nor will it keep me from tooting my own horn about a most surprising development. Check out my "ranking" in this article at Chicago Now's Breaking Tweets Chicago: Top Haiku Twitter accounts in Chicago. Many thanks to Craig Kanalley for the honor.

It inspired the following haiku:
Slow-creeping, pink blush
false humility's dyed mask
smiles, overwhelming
Meanwhile, here's my attempt at the 5-7-5-7-7 structure of a tanka, which I tweeted yesterday in response to the word prompt "weary":
Mid-summer sunlight's
wavy, white radiation
fans glass-print petals
pushes shut moon-weary lids
burns a crimson path inward

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For sharing your imagery so that one can create their own melting crimson, floating purple dot within the slow swirl, absorbing. And for the words that need not spoken.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Lynette A beautiful abstraction tied to a very real feeling.