Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Two Souls, Focused

After a long interlude, here's the next installment of my poem cycle Two Souls, Twin Lives (although I may change that name). You can read the previous five poems on my eponymous Website.

VI. Near sight
By Francis Scudellari

He-she shed circling lives
as they build bulk
and with nimbler digits
clutch airy roosts
where they're kept ill company
by sly creatures
who slip between branches
to spit and spell
old tales of mimicked fruit
and poisoned tongues
that transfix keen focus
on the too near
while long ago lessens

2 comments:

zorlone said...

I am seeing animals, uhm, monkeys? Squirrels? Raccoons?

There must be something else, than my shallow interpretation, make that mis-interpretation.

Nicely done.

Z

PS. Word Verification: Stagged
As if I didn't enumerate enough animals. LOL

Francis Scudellari said...

@Zorlone You're definitely on the right track, but I don't want to reveal too much until it gets to the end (still a few more chapters to go).