Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trying to keep things simple...

In my current mood, simple and reflective are the proper forms of expression. The title of this piece was actually inspired by a dream.

In it, someone who I don't know called me on the phone to recite a poem called "Linger Back" that I had written and they found touching. Of course I can't recall the words of the dream poem, but I think the sentiment is the same.

Linger Back
By Francis Scudellari

Linger back
a few short moments
with me,
soft-edged times
when life is simple,
happy
or seems, so
stay, don't race ahead
just yet
to certain
futures, we both know
won't be

2 comments:

Jena Isle said...

Extremely simple but definitely profound. I love it. The emotions of the author is palpable. Brilliant!

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena Thanks, I can always count on you to lift my spirits.