Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cross posting: Glowing orbs

Just to make sure you don't miss a single word of my blogging, here's a link to my latest piece at Climate of Our Future:

Using social status to reduce energy usage

The August issue of Wired magazine has a very interesting article about a unique way to alert people to their energy usage, and the piece suggests an equally novel way to take advantage of the consumers’ heightened social consciousness to get them to alter their behavior. ... Read the full post

4 comments:

Jackie said...

it tom. I just now got out of the doggie house with Hughesnet again...so I can visit. have a great day!!

Para said...

Interesting idea. I guess you could do the same with water usage. All though personally I would be a bad poster girl for environmental water use.

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Jackie,
I've heard some stories about Hughesnet, so I don't envy you those problems :). I'm glad you're out of limbo and can move around freely again.

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi para,
I'm definitely not as water conscious as I should be either. I'm not even as electricity conscious as I should be. In fact, I'm just plain not as conscious as I should be. I'd need a lot of orbs, but I think they'd make for lovely decorations around the apartment.