Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Remembrance of memes past

Long, long ago in a galaxy seemingly far away (but actually very close by at the Alien Next Door site) Science Fiction author and blogger-extraordinaire Nina Munteanu tagged me with the 7 Weird Facts About Me meme. It's a meme that I attempted once before (click here to read it), so I decided to attack it in a slightly different way and write some versed weirdness that I call "Self Portrait, In seven parts." I'll post the poem shortly, but first I wanted to give my deepest thanks to Nina for the tag.

In other blogosphere news, I've been graced with two recent awards from my virtual friends:

JD Beaudoin, who always sets a high-standard of blogging for me to emulate over at The Uneasy Supplicant, has christened me a fellow Flower Smeller by passing on the Go! Smell the Flowers! badge at left (See his post Visitant - Part 2 or the birthing post over at Go! Smell the Flowers! site for more details as to meaning and significance of this honor).

Hanna, the author of Amori, Poesie, Arte, Chat who is ever challenging my world view and foreign language skills, has bestowed on me her newly minted Award for Global Communities. Meant to acknowledge the boundary hopping power of the Internet to establish friendships and community, you can find the code for this badge (displayed at right) by reading her post From Italy with Love.

I'm passing on both of these awards to the following six folks (I may be breaking a rule by choosing that number) whose writing I greatly admire and virtual friendship I deeply appreciate. They're all overdue for some acknowledgment from me, and you should definitely visit their excellent sites:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the double awards Francis. You deserve it. Take care my friend.
~JD

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks JD. Doing these meme posts is a lot more work than I realized. I think that's why I've been sticking to poetry lately :).

Ruthie said...

Congratulations!

And hey, thanks for the link... that's very sweet of you.

Francis Scudellari said...

You're welcome Ruthie ... I'm a big fan of your site.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from all the 20 founders of GO! Smell the flowers and we look forward to you smelling the flowers with us and inspiring countless others!

You're welcome to get involved and get to know the locals and feel free to mention your blog along the way....

Great to have you on board!

GO! Flower smellers!

Anonymous said...

A great choice of other flower smelers who will now join you in our flower smeller blogroll of honour!

Well done to all...

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Flower Smeller founders, I appreciate the inclusion and will try to be involved in the site. It's a neat idea.

Dave J. said...

Thanks brother! Sorry I haven't been around as much as I used to, school is overwhelming me at this point. Two weeks until Spring break!! I'll be able to read and write anything I want to... yay!

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Congrats Francis! And Thank You for including Binding Ink in such a wonderful sense of blogosphere splendor!

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Dave,
It's definitely much more important for you to concentrate on your classes, but I look forward to seeing what you unleash come spring break :).

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Michelle,
Binding Ink is definitely worthy of the awarded splendor :).

kellypea said...

Francis, I'm so sorry I'm late in responding to this! I've had a bit of a break from the computer if that's actually something that can be imagined...And goodness. I'm certainly going to have to do my homework on these recognitions. But a hearty congrats to you for being so deserving of them to begin with. I'll see if I can do the recognition justice. I just did a meme on random or pointless facts (aren't they all?) so now Weird, huh? Now that should be fairly simple since I'm the epitome of strange. Thanks, Francis!

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Kelly,
No need to apologize ... it's only been a day. Although I know how long that can seem in blog time :). I'm sure you'll do a great job on the meme, and I'm glad to share the awards with you as your blog is one of my regular daily stops.

Lisa McGlaun said...

Francis,

Thanks for the award! I love this one. I've made so many friends from around the world through the blogging avenue. And you are definately one of them..lucky for me you are not on the other side of the world. You're only a few states away.

Peace,
Lisa

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Lisa,
You're definitely deserving, and I'm glad our paths crossed virtually. Those few states are pretty big, but I hope we'll meet up soon.