Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Message in a bottle

Last week, Hanna tagged me with the Message In A Bottle Meme. I haven't done one of these properly (as in obeying all the stated rules) in quite some time, so I thought I'd partake with an added twist.

The meme got its start at Mimi Writes, and requires a little creativity and photo editing software ... both of which I have. Mimi provides a blank picture of a bottle on a beach, and you just need to come up with a message to inscribe on it. You can ogle my mishmash of a missive on the right.

Needing to find inspiration for new poems wherever I can, I also wrote an extended version of my "message in a bottle" that I'll be posting above. Augmenting your experience even more, I'm going to include an original sketch as well.

The rules require that I tag at least five other bloggers. I'm always a bit conflicted about foisting work on others, but I justify it as a way to recognize my favorite sites. So, here are my lucky victims:
If you'd like to participate, you can get the blank image and the full list of rules from Mimi's original post. There are some detailed procedures to follow on her site if you'd like your message included with those of the other participants. It may seem a little complicated, but no one said blogging was going to be easy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have a go at it probably sometime this week when my creative juices are moving faster. It is interesting I will have to examine the rules in more detail when I do it.

As for comments, when there is a link in them it goes in moderation by default until I check it. I usually see them as I check my mail a few times a day. For spam purposes.

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks Cooper ... and sorry about the multiple comments/messages. The 404 page got me confused.

Charles Sapp said...

Congrats on your induction to the Society of Midnight Wanderers, your writing style is deserving.

Francis Scudellari said...

Thanks much 1verse. I can say the same for your style, so keep an eye out.

Mimi said...

Wonderfully done, franscud. The poem, the sketch, the bottle. Just lovely. I will post these tonight on my site. Love them!

Thank you for playing along.

Mimi said...

Your message bottle is now afloat in the vast blogosphere ocean. You are Message In a Bottle #89.
Feel free to toss in a bottle whenever you feel the urge to send a message. The blog ocean is always open.

Message In a Bottle #89

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Mimi,
Thanks for creating the meme, and linking to the full poem. I think a few of my taggees are going to be participating soon too.

Laura Brown said...

Always good to find someone else who draws in their blog too. :)