Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mercury in Retrograde (For Terry)

By Francis Scudellari

Phone's not working again …
Mercury is in retrograde.
Huh? What's that, a Greek myth?
No, it's the planet, not the god.
So then what's retrograde?
Mercury is moving away.
Oh, it's astronomy?
No, not quite, more astrology …
Planets affect my phone?
Cell phones, satellites, even us …
Technology breaks down?
Communication's difficult.
It's always difficult.
True, but now more than usual …
Sometimes, I don't get you.
Right, that's what I mean exactly.

5 comments:

fihanna said...

che significa?
devi fare il clistere a mercurio?
mercurio è veleno, poi..
;0)

Francis Scudellari said...

Sometimes the drawing don't mean much on the surface ... they just look cool to me. I think you've go the connection going the wrong way round ... it's mercury feeding into the figure.

fihanna said...

appunto! la cornetta è nel posto sbagliato,
la cornetta è più grande di tutto il personaggio..
ho capito così...
grazie per il posto eletto per il mio award-femmina, ti ci voleva in tuo blog,
hahah
grazie Francis,
a dopo

Anonymous said...

Fran,

I think that this poem and its dialogue has me down pretty well.

Francis Scudellari said...

I've been told I have a good ear for dialogue :).