Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Two Colors (BWI)

The current threat level is
an abstractly arranged orange,
according to this not-so-human

voice squawking on behalf of
my all-too-human government.
It's for everyone's protection.

Outside the airport windows,
greater Baltimore squats against
Tuesday's sky, suspiciously solid

in its concrete pour of gray.
She's coy on when things might brighten
again. I'll have to wait with my bags,

unattended and unsure
whether old homes can ever feel
as homey. I make do pretending

someone has swapped those two colors.

3 comments:

gerry boyd said...

Tight and perfect Francis. And great use of color as metaphor.

Avijeet Das said...

Wonderful use of words.Great imagination and creativity...

Francis Scudellari said...

@Gerry Thanks... this one is much more tied to reality than my usual fare.

@Avijeet I appreciate the kind words.