Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Argus & Io: Birthing a conclusion

This is the conclusion to my poem Argus & Io. It's a bit more open-ended than the original myth, but I always prefer ambiguity over certainty. Visual art next, so stick around.

Argus & Io
By Francis Scudellari

IV.

She,
twisted
metal dragged
in clanked tangle
behind, unguarded
ahead, halting first steps
toward un-purposed
paths that spoke out
a blurred wheel
beyond
her
sentry's
fallen-trunk
malodorous
conjuring descent
of cloud effacing pests
tasked by sky-seated
mistress to goad
Io on
knowing
words
non-sensed
by veined beats
a buzzed babble
of wing-confused flight
that leads still too-cowed thoughts
in mad-apparent
earthbound wander
to find love
birthing
time

5 comments:

Bobby Revell said...

You have such an abstract perception Francis, your lines are like fragmented shards but all four parts do melt nicely in unusual ways. I had to read the wiki article first as I was unfamiliar with it. You are the jagged thinker! Great work as always:)

Jena Isle said...

Hi Francis,

They're like jigsaw puzzles nicely fitted together. I like the ambiguous presentation, They encourage me to exercise my neurons. Cheers.

By the way, I'm into the lay-outing of the book :http://gewgawwritings.blogspot.com/2009/05/inspirational-book-by-bloggers-now-on.html

Kindly inform if I forgot anything. Thanks.

The Uneasy Supplicant said...

Excellent conclusion Francis. These four poems present themselves as a series of unique opportunities to experience the myth in a original and (I agree with Bobby)artistically abstract conceptualization. As you know I'm very big on uniqueness and originality and only you have managed to forge a niche into a style not found anywhere else in blog world. Well done. This is very refreshing to see.
~JD

Francis Scudellari said...

@Bobby I really like the "jagged thinker" tag, and appreciate the positive feedback. I'm glad it didn't lose anything in the abstraction.

@Jena Thanks for the inclusion in the project, and I don't think you forgot anything. I'll email you the info you need soon.

@JD Thanks, as always. I'd like to incorporate more story telling in what I do going forward, and I think I'll gradually move from myth derived to more original material. This blog is a good space to experiment with that.

Jena Isle said...

Hi Francis,

Thanks. I have my second read of this poem and I am conjuring a "new being" -monster? coming to life...eerie and mysterious.