Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another poetic tease

Yes, this is one of my lame posts where I tell you how busy I am and promise you the world if you'll just wait for it.

I do have several poems in mid-birth, and a number of other story ideas that are still only a twinkling in the eye of conception. I just need to find a life's time to sit at the computer and bang them all out.

Until the genius grant money comes rolling in, however, ample writing time isn't going to happen on a consistent basis. So, as a holdover I give you a tiny taste of the poem furthest along in my queue: 720 Clocks.
round faces and square
ornate and spare
one favorite embedded in
a black cat's belly
with tick-waved paws
and twitch-tocked tails

3 comments:

Dave King said...

If that's lame, I can't wait for the acrobat!

Angela said...

Can't wait for the rest...not in the least bit lame!
Take care:)

Francis Scudellari said...

@Dave The full acrobatics are now done, and I hope they don't disappoint. Thanks for the comment!

@Angel Thanks... and the wait is over :).