Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thoughtfully memed again: I think therefore I'm tagged

My good friend Deborah from Climate of Our Future has graciously awarded me a Thinking Blogger Award, which I'm proudly displaying in the sidebar. As well as an honor, it's a blog "meme" that was initiated by Ilker Yoldas at The Thinking Blog. As with all worthwhile gifts, it's one that is meant to be passed on to others (socially acceptable re-gifting).

For the uninitiated, here's a useful definition of meme that I grabbed from Answers.com:

Meme — A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.
In this case, the idea that's being transmitted from blogger to blogger is a topic about which to post. For this particular meme, I'm listing 5 blogs that make me think (and that's a good thing, if you had any doubts). Climate of Our Future is certainly one, but here are the others:

Doc It Out - A blog on independent documentaries by Agnes Varnum

Masterpieces - Masterpieces of art, literature and architecture.

Politics, PR & Marketing - Musings on political communication, how it works, or doesn't, what it is and should be and reflections on what our leaders are saying and, importantly, how they say it!

Seacoast NRG - The blog hopes to inspire conservation and local action to the global issues of energy and climate change.

Uncomfortably Numb - Unless someone like you, cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.
There are a number of others I read regularly and take thoughtful inspiration from, including some that were already "tagged" (Nom de plume The 'Poetress' - Binding Ink is one example). I'll leave them for a future meme ... so be on the look out.

To these happy few, I extend a hearty virtual handshake, and the following rules on how to proceed from this jumping off point to fame:

Congratulations, you've won a !

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

8 comments:

Aavarnum said...

Thanks Francis: That is high praise and much appreciated.

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Agnes. You definitely deserve it.

Henk van Kampen said...

Thanks for the award and your kind words, Francis.

Darren G. Lilleker said...

Thank you so much, I feel very proud. I have also passed the award on to five others, am sure they will appreciate it as much as I do: http://darrenlilleker.blogspot.com/2007/06/blogs-that-make-you-go-mmmmm.html

Francis Scudellari said...

henk & darren:

congrats! you've earned the award with your thoughtful posts.

soul said...

Thank you so much Francis! I've never won an award for blogging and very much appreciate this gracious honor from you.
Peace & Bright Blessings,
soul

adam.purple said...

Thanks very much, Francis. This is a very pleasant surprise. I will continue the meme, and try to keep to the standard that you and other Thinking Bloggers have established.
Kind regards,
Adam

Francis Scudellari said...

Soul & Adam,

I've enjoyed reading both of your blogs, so glad to give them some recognition.