Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

2007 Blues Fest Photos

Here are a few shots from Friday's Chicago Blues Festival. Nothing spectacular, but it'll give you a good sense of the fun in the sun at Grant Park.

We started the day at the "Front Porch" stage, which is tucked away in a tree-lined clearing. We took in the sounds of the Lurrie Bell Blues Band as we tossed back a cold one (or two) and enjoyed the scenery.


Then it was off to the Petrillo Band Shell for the evening's main event: the 30th anniversary reunion of Billy Branch's Sons of Blues.



With the always impressive Chicago skyline looming to the north and west of the park, it's a spectacular venue to experience great live music.



A good time was definitely had by all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt as if I were there, thank-you. I am a blues fan myself. I especially love Aaron Neville. Smooth, soulful blues. Especially wonderful in times like these.

Francis Scudellari said...

We saw Wanda Johnson on Saturday, and I'm sure you would have liked her very soulful version of the blues. I was hoping the pics would come out a little better ... I may snap a couple more today.