Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Too clever by half?

I've been a bit overwhelmed by real life, and only able to retreat into my imagination for a few short breaks, so updates to this blog are going to be slow in coming for a little while.

I do have three poems in various stages of incompletion, and I also have a quick question to pose to you dear readers: Do you think the title "Oranges for Three Loves" is a bit too "clever"? Also, do you even get the reference? I already have a companion sketch in mind, in case that influences your answer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get it, but I'm a little odd. Is your target audience a little odd? Or do you care about the target audience? I say if it works for you, go for it.

Jena Isle said...

Hi Francis,

Good luck with whatever you're busy with now. Don't worry, we'll still be here when you come back. Cheers.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Tracker I'm a little odd, so I'd definitely assume my target audience is the same :).

@Jena Busy with lots of stuff, but unfortunately nothing particularly exciting or enriching.

Ms. O. D. said...

I've never heard of the love of three oranges. will be interested on how your poem will turn on the original...

Francis Scudellari said...

@MsOD My guess is it will bear very little resemblance to the story from the Opera, but I'm just as interested to see how it turns out :).

zorlone said...

Hi there!

"Oranges for three loves" sound like an incomplete sentence (LOL), but as a title of a poem, I think it would work. Sounds clever indeed!

This is pretty exciting! How you would construct the words that would fit the emotion of the poem. I'd be looking forward to read that.

Lastly, I hope it wouldn't be too clever for me. he he he!

I'm sure you'll do well with it.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Zorlone I think I'm only too clever for myself... I hope you enjoy the poem.