Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Second sight: Random beauty

I tried to combine two purposes in this poem. First, I wanted to marry words to my Second Sight drawing. Second, I hoped to incorporate the weekly theme of Random Beauty proposed at Jane's Inspirations (I've needed external musing lately). The verse went through many incarnations before I finally came up with this ...

Random beauty

By Francis Scudellari

From youth,
My ever minded eyes
Mistook order
For truth; lured from chaos,
Followed
In-word
Cautions, learned not-living,
Chased flickering
Signs, brilliance-mixed shadows,
Feigning
Substance;
Pulsed flows -- electric thought,
Liquid feeling --
In-formed false, direction-
Tricked sense,
Scripted
Pathways for love, silent
Caring buried;
Divinely borne deceit
Pulling

Till life,
Clouded by distorting lens,
Made thick with time,
Awakens to blindness,
And I
Cast off
The jaded glass; sight-less
See shattered bits
Sprayed like moments; glimpse
Random
Beauty
In mirrored shards, scattered
As seeds; sowing
Tender epiphanies,
Stemmed hopes
Bursting
Through cracked surfaces, buds
Intertwined, sprout
Leafy, coincident
Futures
Post a Comment