I'm going to add a little different twist to mine. Since the facts about me are all pretty trivial, I'm going to make you work for the answers by putting them in trivia question form.
First the Rules, then my 8 facts (that's actually one of the rules):
- Post the rules before you give your facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I was born in this city that is part of the continental U.S., but does not belong to any of the 50 states. (See the answer)
2. For my confirmation name (selecting an additional name is part of Catholicism's coming of age ritual), I chose the moniker of this archangel who expelled Lucifer from heaven. (See the answer)
3. I have a Masters Degree in Literature from Northwestern University and wrote my thesis on the plays The Tempest and Measure for Measure by this English playwright. (See the answer)
4. I currently live in this city, which was once referred to as the "Hog butcher to the world." (See the answer)
5. My two pug dogs are named after Albert and Lucy Parsons who were labor activists involved in this controversial event from my hometown's history. (See the answer)
6. One of my all-time favorite movies was directed by Stanley Kubrick, stars Peter Sellers, and features a crazy army officer who believes the fluoridation of drinking water was part of a communist plot. (See the answer)
7. I am a bit of a sports nut and, befitting a Catholic inclination toward suffering, I waste a lot of time rooting for this baseball team that hasn't won the World Series in almost a century. (See the answer)
8. I'm also a big music fan, and one of the most memorable concerts I ever attended was the farewell tour of this band whose song "That's Entertainment" was featured in the film Stranger Than Fiction, which I recently blogged about. (See the answer)
Now for the really hard part ... tagging some fellow bloggers. I'm selecting the sites of bloggers whose work I check out regularly and who I hope will be open to carrying on this little exercise. I know how hard it is to come up with 8 more names, as this little monster spreads out its tentacles, so if you want to leave that last bit out and just give us your facts (ma'am), that's more than sufficient.
The Coffee House
Let's Share ...
Rogers Park Rake
So Damned Tired
South Side Star