Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

2007 Blues Fest: Parting Shots

The 24th annual Chicago Blues Festival wrapped up on Sunday, and I took a few pictures to commemorate the wonderful acts I witnessed. There was much more that I didn't witness, but you can't be everywhere at once, and it was the night of the Sopranos finale after all.


It started out at the Front Porch stage again for a sampling of Piedmont Blues from Cephas and Wiggins.


I managed to sneak over to the Juke Joint stage for a quick taste of Bobby Rush's solo performance.


Then it was back to stoop at the Front Porch where legendary blues harpist James Cotton was rocking the house.


My day ended at the Louisiana stage with the Delta blues sound of acoustic guitarist David "Honeyboy" Edwards, who has been spinning his magic since the time of Robert Johnson.

No comments: