Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

National Poetry Month: Sweet Liberty

Continuing on with my celebration of National Poetry Month, today I'd like to highlight the work of a good friend, nooshin azadi. She and I have collaborated on poems and books, and she's taught me a lot in the process.

I'd like to be able to point you to a website, but because of where she lives, she's no longer able to access blogs. She does still share her work on Google+ under the name Sweet Liberty, and you can see her regular updates there. Below I'm sharing a lovely poem she recently re-posted.

another epi...eis...hodos...

.


the moment was
the beginning of an end
and god who was always in me
was with me
and he was great
as his hands were full of fruits --
of all sorts
and his eyes were full of words --
of all souls

and we walked

and as we walked
we fell
.
.
.

in
love

and we conceived the world
and he bore me
and i bore him
and i was his child
and he was my child

.
sep 2, 2009

No comments: