Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Hand it to me

You’ll have to hand it
to me, “it” being
your hand, both
firm and willing,
creased but not yet
spotted, given not for me
or you wanting
a wanting hand up,
and given not too willfully
to hand me or you down,
but as well-wishers
well-met put hands across,
if there are such hands
still well for the meeting,
because both of us,
well, all of us,
and I mean an us
shaking hands with an all
in the broadest of broadest
senses, will have cause
for such sensitive hands,
such hands being
most sensitively our hands
handed together,
banded to span
the comings and goings,
all those senseless gaps,
those gaps not yet yawning,
but they’re growing
entirely too big,
shaking us, our being,
with an entirety
entirely in our own hands
both firm and willing.

4 comments:

Hands n' All said...

Got to hand it to you Francesco...you sure write good hand poems... hands across the ocean is a nice concept

TAF said...

It's always good to come back the site to see what's been recently on my friend's mind.

I admire your creative hand.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Hands Grazie :)

@Terry Thanks... my mind doesn't have much down time... I always appreciate the visit.

Hand it Back said...

Your mind doesn't have much down time for down under either!