Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Loved and loving

I'm very flattered to have received the "I love your blog" award (at left), and it came from a quite unexpected source. Kavita, whose blog A Little of This, And A Little of That I just discovered very recently, was kind enough to include me in her list of seven favorite sites.

Society frowns on those who venture beyond monogamy when it comes to romance, but it's absolutely acceptable to be polyamorous when doting on blogs. There are many more sites that I currently bear crushes for, but the rules (damn them) limit me to choosing seven.

I've arranged the list below alphabetically, so no particular preference should be inferred from the ordering. For those not included, don't worry, I'll be tagging you with other memes in the future.
  • Baa Baa Blogging - Fiendish, the pseudonymous author of the site, writes some of the most poignant and well-crafted poetry and fiction you'll find on the Internet. It's well worth your time and effort to explore her archives.
  • Black Tie & Sneakers - Robert is a prolific and talented poet who, like me, contributes his wonderful words to the newly revamped MW Society Press (more about that soon). His lines beautifully mark the way-points on life's long and winding road.
  • Crowned with Laurels - Larry is another fellow member of the MW Society Press. Inspired to write poetry by the shining example of Charles Bukowski, he elevates the everyday with his verse.
  • GewGaw Writing - Jena's site highlights both her own fiction and the writing of other authors (including yours truly) who she regularly and generously plugs. She's also one of my most loyal readers and commenters, so I'm happy to requite the attention.
  • Ken Armstrong's Writing Stuff - Ken's personal stories are informed by real life and infused with great wit and charm. And if that's not enough, he also writes reviews of books, movies and theater.
  • Orange Derange (and Orange Derange Lab) - Ms. O. D. will engage you on many levels. She writes on diverse topics (recent posts have dealt with voter registration, the financial bailout, mapping suicide and cancer rates, Salvador Dali, and her book shelf), but she always keeps her musings relevant and light-hearted.
  • That Grrl - Laura is a woman of many talents. She is a fantastic writer. She maintains multiple web sites. She doodles and organize others to do the same. She takes photos of rural ruins. She is a mistress of the meme. She just generally kicks arse as a blogger.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! thanks, muchas gracias, salamat..it is always wonderful to receive an award from an artist one admires. I appreciate this a lot Francis.

I'm also trying to put together new site that's why I seem not to be around more often. And I'm participating in a writing site that's why.

Again, thanks for the distinct honor.

Happy blogging.

Anonymous said...

Btw, I have given you this very same award at several weeks ago, at my Working Abroad blog.

it may have escaped you. Anyway, I'm happy that the award is mutual...lol.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

FS-
Thanks for the award. I'm not big on getting them or giving them. However, when they come from a fine writer, artist, and thinker like yourself...I am proud to accept it. I also feel honored to be included in a group of writers shuch as Ken Armstrong and Robert of Black Tie and Sneakers. Two blogs that I admire and avidly read. Again, I truly appreciate the award.

Anonymous said...

many thanks Francis for the kind words... it's from blogs like yours that I get inspired and learn from...thankyou again

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena I posted about the award you gave me, but I forgot which one it was (been busy). I hope you don't mind receiving it a second time :).

@Lorenzo I'm not really one to participate in "awards" either, but I wanted to show my appreciation for the work you're doing and the attention you've paid my way.

@Confused You're both deserving and welcome. It's a mutual relationship ... I learn a lot from and am inspired by you as well.

RC said...

blog polygomy, now that's a concept! almost worth trade marking.

thanks for sharing these sites.

Ms. O. D. said...

Francis thank you so much for the award, I feel extremely honored to receive this especially from you! Thank you! Grazie!

Fiendish said...

How lovely, and how undeserved. Unfortunately, school has been a bit of a parasite lately where the blog is concerned, but thank you so much, and you've inspired me to post again at least for now :)