Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Posthumous faith healing

While perusing headlines on Google News today, I found this curiosity courtesy of Playfuls.com:

Nun Claims Miracle By John Paul II

A French nun told Vatican officials she credited a miracle shortly after the death of Pope John Paul II for the cure of her Parkinson's disease.

The nun, whose name was not released, said her disease disappeared exactly two months after the death of the Roman Catholic leader, ANSA, the Italian news agency, reported Wednesday.

"I woke up at 4:30 in the morning, amazed that I had been able to sleep. I jumped straight out of bed, because my body was no longer rigid and painful. I was not the same as before," she said.

The alleged miracle would help John Paul on the road to sainthood. To qualify for the process, a candidate must be shown to have been responsible for two miracles after death.

Vatican officials are expected to inspect details and doctors' reports on the woman's condition.
I didn't realize the act of dying by a "saint" could precipitate miracles. If they deem it an actual miracle, you have to ask yourself, couldn't he have been more considerate and died sooner?

No comments: