Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When time-space turns to molasses

A late winter varietal virus is currently coursing its way through my bloodstream. My immune system is working feverishly to subdue the intruder, but still hasn't quite gained the upper hand.

One of the strange symptoms of this virus is its ability to warp my sense of space and time. Accustomed short distances stretch out into vast planes. The passing of minutes that flashed by so quickly earlier in the week, now crawl in a slow-motion creep.

It might just be that the full-body ache and sapped energy have affected my perception, but that's less interesting to read. New posts may be time-delayed going forward.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

get well..:)

Anonymous said...

That's got to be a big pain.

Take care of yourself, and get well soon! We'll wait as long as is necessary.

Dominic Rivron said...

Sorry to hear you're ill. I was listening to a scientist on the radio who had researched time-perception. There's an interesting article about it here.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to fly in your mind Francis, I trust you'll be able to do so, as you're an artist, poet, and writer. Keep posting.

CS McClellan/Catana said...

Make notes!

Francis Scudellari said...

@Confused The 16 hours of sleep I got yesterday helped a lot.

@Ravyn I hope it's not more than a couple days :).

@Dominic I'll definitely check out the article.

@Jena I think I may be limited to floating until this passes :).

@Catana I'm making lots of mental notes for sure.

Jackie said...

Take care Francis and get well soon!!:-))))