Pages

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Gone electioneering

I'll be neglecting this blog for a few days as I depart early in the morning to get out the vote for Obama in Cleveland. Having embarked on my first out-of-state canvassing trip to the Buckeye state earlier this summer, it makes for a tidy ending that my personal 2008 political voyage winds up back in Ohio.

To put us all in a Cleveland state of mind, I'm posting this video of Randy Newman's tribute to the city on the Cuyahoga. There won't be any burning rivers this week, but it could be quite the shining moment in US history nonetheless. We volunteers certainly plan to be "all on fire."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your campaign, You should read what Durano of The Spitting Vessel wrote about McCain. Here is the URL:

http://thespittingvessel.blogspot.com

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

The specific URL is this sorry:

http://spittingvessel.blogspot.com/2008/11/masterful-maltreatment-by-mccain.html

Take care.

Anonymous said...

good luck! :) you're doing a good thing.

Fiendish said...

I am neither eighteen nor a US citizen - but if I was both of those things, I would be very excited about voting for Obama on Tuesday. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had some luck. School prevented me from doing as much as usual, except some phone banking and driving people to the polls in the morning on Tuesday.

Jackie said...

Good for you Francis. We voted early last Friday...that's 2 votes for Obama!!

And my daughter was a state delegate for him in Texas!!

Oh you will just do wonderful I just know it!!:-)))

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena Thanks for the link ... I saw Durano's post before. I'm very glad Obama won :).

@Kouji It was a good thing ... thanks!

@Fiendish The eighteen part will take care of itself by the next election, but you'll have to work on the citizenship :).

@Cooper It was an awesome experience, and I'm very glad I could contribute something to the effort. What made the difference as the number of people around the country who participated in whatever way they could.

@Shinade We all did wonderful :). Early voting was a great help, and I hope that it becomes more available in future elections.