Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm amazed (with musical interlude)

I was quite pleasantly surprised to find out recently that I was given the Uber Amazing Blog award by Neferiti at The Inspired Self. Reading the criteria for the award, was a bit humbling:

Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
~ inspires you
~ makes you smile and laugh
~ or maybe gives amazing information
~ a great read
~ has an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are:
* Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from

I like using these awards to shine the light on blogs that I read regularly, and find amazing in their own special ways. Having just given out another award to 7 favorites, I'm going to break the rules and share this with only 3 blogs (listed below, in reverse alphabetical order). I highly recommend that you check them out:
  • Wonderland or Not - A passionately written site with acute political and social observations. Cooper also throws in some wonderful musical references.
  • The Uneasy Supplicant - JD is a thought-provoking writer and an awe-inspiring photographer. He's devoting much of his time right now administering the MW Society Press, but still posts beautifully artful photos regularly.
  • Le Chambre Noire - This is a very soulful site mixing atmospheric photography, music and lyrics. GaĆ«na always stirs the mind and heart with her compositions.
And now, if you made it all the way through the award-giving protocols, I share with you a musical interlude of one of my favorite bands: The Pixies. There's nothing to watch here (just the cover photo of their album Come On Pilgrim), so just close your eyes and enjoy. It starts out with some studio banter then shifts into their song I'm Amazed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every human being is special and holds within a wealth of talents that can be used to serve the world. Thanks for sharing ideas about blogs you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Francis, you deserve all awards given to you. Way to go...Your new site is also shaping out well, congratulations!

Happy blogging.

Anonymous said...

well deserved Francis and your chioces are excellent as well..:))

Anonymous said...

Thanks Francis for the great award! I truly appreciate it. And my friend YOU deserve this award. Take care,and hope to see more of your excellent work at the MW Society Press!
~JD

Anonymous said...

Thanks much Frnacis.

I am continuing to check out the collaboration between you and Hanna, a fascinating thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh - The Pixies.

Way to go.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Liara I'm always happy to share, and am ever glad you appreciate it.

@Jena Thanks ... I still have a lot of work to do on the new site, including much more content to upload.

@Confused I travel amongst some very talented folks in my blog wanderings ... yourself included :).

@JD You're most welcome and more than deserving :).

@Cooper I'm just about to wrap up the drawing portion of the project, so I hope to have news of the actual publication from Hanna in the not to distant future.