Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

If you're ravenous for good writing ...

You may have noticed the raven's head logo at the top of my right sidebar. Its visual appeal may have even been strong enough to attract a mouse click from you. In case you haven't yet given into that urge, however, I strongly recommend that you check out the new MW Society Press website to which it's linked.

The site evolved from the Society of Midnight Wanderers, which was founded by JD Beaudoin and Michael J. Kannengieser earlier this year as a community of top-notch writers. It's an association to which I'm very proud to give my support, my poetry and my art.

Below is a wonderfully written introduction to the MW Society Press, which I took from the site's Welcome page. You can learn much more, including how to join and submit your own work, by exploring the site in its entirety.
We’re excited to bring you the newest incarnation of the Society of Midnight Wanderers: The MW Society Press. Since the beginning, we have sought to create a web presence for our writers’ association. This presence has taken the form of an online artistic journal, created to promote the thematic and eclectic works of the Society of Midnight Wanderers. The MW Society Press is not a personal blog but a quasi publishing venue for the many creative voices of its members. We are devoted to our members who seek publication outside the traditional means of brick and mortar, paper and ink venues, or even outside their mundane commonality of personal blogs. Their voices are as valid as the voice of any “published” author who sits at a table autographing their books.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice piece Francis although being a member I am slightly biased but a good zI dea none the less to help promote..:)

Anonymous said...

bookmarked, and i'll go back to check it out.

thanks.

:)

Jackie said...

Thank you so much Francis for leaving such a nice a comment.

I admire your work so much. It really meant a great deal to me.:-)

Francis Scudellari said...

@Confused Equally biased, I heartily agree :). But I honestly think people will be well-rewarded by the visit.

@Netta You're most welcome :).

@Shinade I'm very happy to oblige, and I hope to see more poetry from you :).

Anonymous said...

Hi Francis,

I think the site would develop you more as a writer. Thanks for sharing.

Francis Scudellari said...

@Jena It's always good to be surrounded by talented people.

Michael J. Kannengieser said...

Hi Francis,
Thank you for the touching tribute, and thank you also for your devotion and contributions. Together, we all are the Society of Midnight wanderers. I must share with you an observation made by one of the English professors who teaches at the college where I am employed. He loves the MW site; but, he stated he was especially impressed by your poetry. The professor I am referring to is a fabulous teacher, and a talented writer himself. It was your poem, displayed proudly on our homepage, which impressed him the most. Thank you again, Francis.

-Michael

Francis Scudellari said...

Hi Michael, I was very glad to write the post as I'm really excited about the new site and direction. Thanks for sharing the story about the professor. I often feel a bit isolated in what I do, so it's very rewarding to hear that its valued by fellow writers.